In2Bones is a premier provider to orthopedic and podiatric surgeons of state-of-the-art implants and instrumentation for the upper and lower extremities.
Its original product designs – including fully pre-sterilized devices and single-use instrument sets – directly answer the needs of today’s healthcare practitioners and organizations for improved efficiencies, surgical outcomes and overall patient care.
For surgeons, In2Bones’ innovative implant and instrumentation designs solve many of the problems and challenges posed by legacy device lines. The company’s biomechanical engineers and staff regularly work with industry thought leaders, surgeons, manufacturing partners, and the distribution network to bring new product applications to market.
Its three major assets are:
- The design and materials of the implants are truly innovative: one of the products, for example, allows X-rays to pass through and allows you to see if the bone is welded or not.
- More safety with single-use surgical instruments: implants are supplied with surgical tools designed to be used already sterilized. After the operation, these are discarded. In2Bones thus guarantees an equipment that is always new, complete, ready to use, perfect traceability and simplified material management. It is estimated that the savings associated with this all-in-one procedure are in the $300 -$400 range, per intervention.
- Compared to its competitors, who often launch only one product per year, the company has launched more than 10 new products in the last two years.
In2Bones is expert in a range of biomaterials, including metallic alloys, biologics and elastomers. Its current products include:
- Hand & Wrist: Sterile Compression Screws & Staples, DR Plates , Pre-Sterilized Instrument Sets
- Foot & Ankle: Compression Screws & Staples, Allografts: Nail & PIP Implant, Plate Systems, 1st MTP Implant, PIP Implant, Pre-Sterilized Instrument Sets
- Biologics: Osteoconductive Wedges, Moldable Bone Putty, Accellular Dermal Matrix, Amniotic Liquid & Tissue Allografts.
Initially a Lyons-based company founded in 2011 by experienced entrepreneurs Eric Fourcault, Jean Christophe Giet and Bertrand Gauneau, In2Bones was distributed in the USA by Solana Medical. Solana was acquired by prosthetic giant Wright Medical in 2014. Alan Taylor, former boss of Solana, then proposed to Eric Fourcault to join forces and create an American company, of which the French company would be a subsidiary. From 2016, sales exploded thanks to the full control of the manufacturing and distribution channels.
The context is favourable, as foot surgery is one of the most dynamic orthopaedic markets. In2Bones is preparing major innovations for 2019, including an ankle prosthesis precisely adapted to the patient's bone structure through the use of 3D printing, in collaboration with a Belgian start-up.
The company is based in Memphis, TN and Lyons, France.